Re: TR4 broken rear wheel stud

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 broken rear wheel stud
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:58:15 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Malcolm,

At 18:56 4/03/98 -0800, you wrote:

>In a fit of overenthusiasm I managed to bust one of the rear wheel studs.
>Don't ask me how... the word "stupid" has been echoing in my brain since I
>did this.
>
>So my question is, how do I remove the (remainder) of a wheel stud?

With a good hammer, a large punch, and a negative outlook on life.

The new stud can be pulled into place with a slide hammer (fitted with a
90-degree joint on the end), or you can just pull it thru by torquing-down
the wheel nut (probably a good idea to use an old wheel).

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia