Re: TR4A Restoration

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "Ct54531" <Ct54531@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A Restoration
From: "The Browns" <thebrown@scci.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:03:31 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
It has been several years since I removed my body, but I can tell you that
there are two bolts at the radiator location ( one on each side), two bolts
on the diagonal supports just behind the front wheels ( one on each side,
these have nuts on the underside of the support), two just before the "Y" in
the frame ( one on each side), four located on the frame extensions
assessable from inside the car on the floor ( two on each side), two on the
floor behind the seats into the inner frame rails ( one on each side), and
one in trunk (the hook in the center for the tire hold down.  All the
previous bolts are removed from the top.  The last two bolts are accessible
from the underside of the car.  They are located inside the rear frame
channels.  Look in side channels from the end and you will see them.

I lifted the body free by a sling that I attached to the seat bolt eyes
behind the seat and to the bonnet hinge.  Don't forget to remove the bonnet,
seats, bumpers and bumper support brackets, and disconnect all wiring to the
engine, heater hoses, clutch hose, brake fluid pipe from top of threeway
connector, choke and accelerator control and fuel pipe from tank union.  In
general go over engine compartment and make sure everything that must be
disconnected is done so.  It really is not as bad as it sound.
Good Luck
D. Brown