TR4A Restoration

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Restoration
From: Ct54531 <Ct54531@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:38:38 EST
Listers:

I came onto the list last July announcing I was ready to get back to the
restoration of a 65 live axle TR4A I've owned since about 1981. I was then -
and am now - at the point where I am about to take the body off the frame. I
got a couple of excellent replies then ( very belated thanks to Don J. Howard
and Ben/Pam Zwissler) but circumstances and a long list of
repairs/improvements to the homestead put everything on hold till now. The 65
and the 64 parts car (with excellent body parts) are side by side in a cleaned
garage and ready to go. I am going to replace the entire outer body and inner
tub and would appreciate any advice in that regard. Right now, my question is
again the manner of removal. Last July the Zwisslers mentioned that Bentley
showed all the bolts and how to pull the body off the frame. My only resource
book at the moment is the Autobook Owners Workshop Manual by Kenneth  Ball
which I think is actually pretty good. I have Haynes manuals for other cars
but I am told that the Haynes is out of print and unavailable. Is the same
true for the Bentley? If so - or not - can anyone get me the part on the bolts
and how to remove the body. I'm raring to go on this finally and am anxious to
hear from the list.

                                                                       JMac