Re: J type O/D ambivalence

To: David Greed <greed@wave.co.nz>
Subject: Re: J type O/D ambivalence
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:13:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David,

Thanks for a definitive answer.  I plan to pull all the stuff under the filter
access plate and clean it up.  Unfortunately, because the exhaust pipe has to be
on my car pulled to get to it, and due to time constraints, I didn't clean the
internal filter when I cleaned the gauze filter a couple of weeks ago.  The guy
who did my rebuild suggested that the relief valve could be hanging up on small
piece of trash that's floating around in there.  I think this is likely the case
becuse I have not experienced the problem again since I wrote last Wed.  I don't
understand how either the gauze (metal) screen or internal filter doesn't pick
it up, though.

Much obliged to all who offered suggestions.

D.
'78 Spit
FM90204UO

--