Brake m/c rebuild kits

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, stu.jo@ibm.net
Subject: Brake m/c rebuild kits
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 08:49:32 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I've used White Post. The fee is $50 per bore size, so if you have a
     dual circuit brake m/c, it will be $100. For my TR3, the brass sleeve
     was .032" thick; "Billy" at White Post indicated that this had been
     derived empirically, and it may be different for other models. Sounds
     cheaper than Apple, and you end up with your original bore size.

     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3 TS81417

     Subject: Re: Brake M/C rebuild kits

     Shane F. Ingate wrote:

     ............the only source of which I could ascertain being Apple.
     Apple do resleeve m/c, but for a considerably greater sum (I forget if
     it was $160 total, or $160 each for both bores - I suspect the
     latter).  I chose the home-rebuild path which is pretty
     straightforward.
     >         Shane Ingate in San Diego...........

     I believe White Post Restorations in VA bore out then resleeve to
     original OD. Anyone out there used them?