Re: J type O/D ambivalence

To: pearesto@totcon.com
Subject: Re: J type O/D ambivalence
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:50:42 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,

Thanks.  Good advice, but when I turn the switch off there is an instant
response from the o/d.  It doesn't go out of o/d properly, but it does show
signs of wanting to do something.  I have to believe it's something in the o/d
itself, in fact, it almost acts like it's half way in o/d, if that makes
sense.  I usually see about a  750 rpm difference between off and on in 4th
gear.  Now, it almost seems like it only wants to increase in rpms by about
400 when the switch is turned off, instead of the typical 750.

You're right, though.  That is a cheesy switch.  I'll look around and see if I
can cobble something together as a test.  And I'll give it a look-see this
evening.

Thanks again,

D.