Re: FW: Fuel Leak-

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Fuel Leak-
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:24:16 +0000
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
>  Greetings:(snip)

> I had broken a fuel line. I got out and looked and found gas dripping
> out from the bottom of the fuel pump.
>  I did some checking this morning and it seems to be a pretty bad leak.

> Is there something I am missing? Does this pump fail around the
> connection of the two sections of the pump? any info will be helpful.
> Dave Benner
> 1979 TR7 DHC Carb.
> PS> The pump is an AC unit made in England!

Dave:   Wow! Deja VU! My wife an I had a '80 TR7 convert. In the fall of
'81, it did the exact thing you're describing. The fuel pump had cracked
with only @ 30K miles on it. It was one of the late series TR7's, and
the fuel pump was hard to find. (translation-Big $$$ at the dealer!) So,
I made a block off plate and installed an electric pump. Worked fine.