FW: Fuel Leak-

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Fuel Leak-
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:30:01 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match "/base64/i" at
line 26]

     Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:11:55 -0400
     From: David Benner <benner@netusa1.net>
     Subject: Fuel Leak-

 Greetings:
 I have been noticing a slight gas smell in my garage coming
suspiciously from the direction of my TR7 as of late.
 Yesterday coming back from one of my other obsessions,the golf course,
I stopped at a red light and the gas smell was so strong that I thought
I had broken a fuel line. I got out and looked and found gas dripping
out from the bottom of the fuel pump.
 I did some checking this morning and it seems to be a pretty bad leak.
I tried cutting the ends back on the fuel lines, cleaning the screen and
gasket,took the pump off and cleaned all the mating surfaces. The only
thing I have not done is replace the fuel lines to and from the pump(I
live in the country and didn't have any available) I will get gas line
on Mon. and try that. The car is a 79 TR7 carb. model.
Is there something I am missing? Does this pump fail around the
connection of the two sections of the pump? any info will be helpful.
Dave Benner
1979 TR7 DHC Carb.