Re: Unleaded fuel & octane

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel & octane
From: Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:52:09 -0800 (PST)
 I can offer this.
 Having been part of the racing scene for a number of years I can tell you
 from experience that unleaded heads are not necessary for the every day
 commuter /touring car. You'd be better off if you'd just tune the carbs,
 timing and use the correct spark plugs.
 Installing valve seats should be done when the stock valve seats are nolonger
 within tolerance and the head is useless if you don't.
 The fact is modern unleaded gas has (almost) enough additives to make up for
 the lead we took out so many years ago.

 As far as octane goes....
 If it don't ping, your good to go!

 -jimb

 Seek not the North Star, all you have to do is know where you are and
 where you'r going.

>It seems that if one encouners a group of blind men trying to find a star,
>it would be kinder to describe a path to the heavens than to shelfishly
>enjoy your own amusment.

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://www.snovalley.com/~monica/jbtr6.html            ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (jim.barbuscia@West.sun.com) ##