Re: Triple SU's/FI

To: Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triple SU's/FI
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:06:09 -0700
This latest thread is greatly appreciated by those of us who are fortunate
to own Lucas PI TR's.   I thank you for the acknowledgement of the
superiority of fuel injection over carbs.

Dave
San Diego
1970 TR6 CP51649
 _______________________________________
|   ___  __      _ _  _  _  __          |
|    |   |_\  |  | |  |\/|  |_\  |_|    |
|    |   |\   |  |_|  |  |  |    | |    |
|_______________________________________|
   \                                 /
    \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N   /
     \_____________________________/

 What is the goal?
...the goal is to have fun!
>If you want
> more power, there are much ea$ier ways to get it
... it depends on how you define easy. FI has proven to be
clearly superior in cars ranging from the TR5 to our Subaru's....
There would be fewer moving parts and an EFI system would be tunable
with out changing any of those parts, jets etc.
Making 150 hp with a carb TR6 motor ain't as easy as one might
think... but Triumph did it with just the PI and a new cam!
...besides it's intellectually stimulating!
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900