Re: Carb Float Chamber Gasket

To: jrhoffman@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Carb Float Chamber Gasket
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 97 09:25:49 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Carol,
        > According to Bentley, I need to remove both carbs to
        > replace this gasket. Is this true ? Or, can I remove just the leaky
one?

Nope, dont need to.  I replaced both gaskets (and the o-ring seal) on my carbs
recently.  All you need is a mirror and a stubby flat-head screwdriver
(the mirror is there to help you locate the screw heads).  There
are 5 (I think) screws to be undone, and the float chamber will pop right off.
If there is fuel in the chamber, be prepared for a little sloshing.  The
screws are different lengths, so note which ones go where.  Also remove
the chamber carefully as the float-bowl will swing down.  Reassembly is the
reverse.  A 5 minute job per carb, easy even for me (klutzy neophyte mechanic).

        Shane Ingate in San Diego