RE: TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:31:20 -0600
Thanks for the excellent suggestions Dan. You ideas bring an even better
thought to mind. You see, I have a 76 TR6. The relevance of this is that
I have three warning lights above the switch plinth. One is for brakes
(this one is good) and the other two are for seat belts and EGR counter
reaching 100%.

Neither of these two lamps are useful to me because the seat belt
circuit in the seat is disconnected and the car has no EGR valve on it
(I had this removed when I was just a punk [1985 or so] and just
recently noticed that although I got the parts back from the guy who did
it, the EGR valve is not among said parts - bummer if I ever have to
have a visual emmissions inspection of my engine). Regardless the light
is designed to come on at certain mileage intervals to indicate the
valve should be cleaned and checked.

So I could wire up one of these lamps to server as the o/d indicator.
Can you suggest a wiring scheme for this scenario? I assume I would just
wire it up to indicate the position of the o/d switch rather than
actually indicating if the o/d was mechanically invoked (relevant to me
as my o/d does not currently function and I suspect faulty o-rings - I
have already checked out the electrical parts of the system - and this
is my project for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend coming up this
week).

The other thing I would like to do is to replace the EGR (or SEAT BELTS)
text in the lamp cover with a more apporpriate O/D. Any suggestions on
this one?

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)