TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)

To: peterz@merak.com, trevor.jordan@rmit.edu.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 O/D indicator (was Audible buzzer)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-07 12:37:33 EDT, peterz@merak.com writes:

> The benefit of this arrangement being that you can now use the free lamp
>  on the speedo to indicate the state of the o/d.
>
>  Recently there were some threads on having a visual indication of the
>  o/d state. I was interested in this but could see no way of "cleanly"
>  implementing a dash light to do it. This possibility is intriguing

Peter:

May I make a suggestion? Why not rewire either the hazard or the brake
warning lamp to be the O/D indicator? You could then replace the warning lamp
function with one of the chime units sold by Radio Shack. RS sells about a
half dozen or so different chime modules, so you could easily find one with a
sound that is pleasing, and, since these indications (hazard and brake
warnings) are active in only limited circumstances, the chime wouldn't be a
real bother.

Or, you might want to rewire the oil pressure lamp, and replace it with a
really loud buzzer. Any time the oil pressure is low, a good, loud buzzer
could save your engine. Of course, the buzzer will sound every time you turn
on the key, before the engine is started, so that could be a nuisance.

The hazard lamp would be the easiest to change, but either of the other two
could be done.

Just a couple of suggestions for you to consider.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74