George

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: George
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 16:19:11 -0400 (EDT)
Well, after a fifteen month on-the-frame restoration, my 73 Mimosa TR6
will be on the road this weekend, which is the Canadian Thanksgiving
weekend.  It seemed an appropriate occasion to launch my reconstituted
vehicle.

Many thanks to all of you who answered my questions during the past 15
months and provided wise counsel on many topics.  I am finally free of
shipwrights disease, although I have a feeling there will be always be a
trace in my blood.

On a personal note, I have decided to christen my car 'George', in memory
of my father who passed away last month, and whose encouragement kept me
going during those cold, dark times when the open road seemed too many
problems away.  I know he will be with me on my maiden voyage.

Hope to see some of you at future events, and thank you.

Robert Carley
73 TR6 'George'
Ontario, Canada