Re: Chalk one up for TRF

To: "Charles Y. Farwell" <cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Chalk one up for TRF
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:22:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Charles Y. Farwell wrote:

>         Thank you for posting this! I had the same feeling about the rubber
>         washers when I rebuilt my carbs, and have not been satisfied since.
>         Do you have a part number for the cork washers?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
> cfarwell@lucent.com

Charlie, et at...

I have a Moss part number for the original cork washers, 295-200. I gave
that number to Dave at TRF and he cross referenced it. Remember, you
will need 4 to do both carbs.

The envelope the cork washers came in is marked SUAUC 2120. The TRF
price book describes this part as "T34 Washer, jet gland." They show the
replacement seals (which didn't work for me) as SUAUC 2120/N, described
as "Jet Seal, Neoprene."

The seals that came in the rebuild kit sure didn't appear to be neoprene
to me...

I havn't installed the cork seals yet, so I can't tell you if they cured
the problem.
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/