Re: Re[2]: GT6 prices

To: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
Subject: Re: Re[2]: GT6 prices
From: vitesse@juno.com (Hugh R McAleer)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:16:26 EDT
Cc: Rikrock@aol.com, Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I don't know how, but I've been lucking into some really cheap, fixable
GT6s in the last 5 months.  The first was a '68 GT6 that I got for $100.
That car was sold to a friend who has it parked in his shed with several
others.  Only the shell is left on that car. I then found a  '69 GT6+(?)
for $50.  Runs great, some new parts, but the hood is very poor.  The
second was the one I just picked up for $300.  It had a problem that
looks like it was only a clogged fuel line that caused it to be left
outside neglected for 8-9 years.  I new fuel line and it is running
strong, although since it sat for so long, it has hydraulic problems now.
 Nothing that a few hundred can't fix.

I haven't kept either GT6.  I sold both of them ( at what I paid for them
) to a friend that wanted to make a Spit6 out of the earlier car and will
keep the 2nd car intact..

I have a line on '72, really pretty nice, except for a hit in the center
front of the hood.  He wants $2500 for it, a little out of my price
league.  If anyone wants more info on that car, let me know.  It needs
the ignition switch replaced, and is not an overdrive car.  About 10
months ago a shop near here had a '69 GT6 that had air and overdrive.  It
had an excellent interior, but a poor repaint.  They wanted $3000 for it
and wouldn't come down any on the price.  It did finally sell at their
asking price.

So is $3500 for a nice car a good price for the car Rik found?  I haven't
seen an answer to that yet. It sounds high to me.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250,
'71 Stag '73 Stag