American 8 spokes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: American 8 spokes
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:36:34 -0700
I've had a set of four American 8 spokes, (the ones with the
coarse reverse threads on the left side wheels for the two eared spinner)
residing on my 73 TR-6 (CF939U, 300,000 miles, driven daily, cross
country, midwest, southeast, northwest, Baha, sun, sleet, snow, for
better or worse, richer or poorer, but always home in California) for the
past 22 years. Originally came as optional equipment on a 67 4A purchased
new in Dade County. Had 5 until one incinerated in the trunk of a 67 Le
Mans. What a conflagration, such pretty colors!

Hasn't happened often but when flats occur and a steel wheel spare goes
on, the cosmic balance is disturbed and demons roam the roadway. Those 8
spokes don't weigh more than 10 lbs. Been looking for extras for years
but without the benefits of the Net. A total of 30 years in service
(whew) - entropy must eventually prevail. If you have one or more that
are alone, without bretheren, unable to form the quartets they were made
for, consider providing them with a loving home. Adoption fee
negotiable.

A few of those reverse threaded left hand spinners must also be out there
languishing alone and unappreciated in some basement or garage. These
also could find a happy and loving home.

One doesn't singlehandedly keep a TR on the road and looking and running
well for 25 years without being willing to part with long green and
without an in depth and personal knowledge of the vehicle's breed but I
know what I'm willing to pay and I know what is reasonable and I'm
serious about buying and am very patient. Another year if necessary won't
phase me. To the list: Welcome to my world. The TR and I have adventures
to account, places and people to describe and as my gorgeous and TR and
Jag loving wife has commented - "You've probably touched more parts on
those cars than you have on me!"  I know and love my machine.

Deano  ecopaige@metro.net