Re: TR4 Originality Questions

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: TR4 Originality Questions
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:03:15 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Bruce T. Clough wrote:

> Hood (Bonnet) prop rod color - All I've seen in perior photos are prop
> rods painted body color, but close up and personal inspections of some
> cars indicate that these also came in black.  What do those who have
> original cars have?  I would think that if they were painted body color
> the attachment hardware would be painted also.

        My car's prop rod was black (it still is, cos I never repainted
        it when I did the car

> Front valence support tubes (run from the inner fender near the horn mounts
> to the front valence inside the headlamps) color - same arguement as the
> prop rod.  I'd say that they were painted body color.

        Why? these parts were not painted with the body... Right?
        therefore these parts came out of a crate, box etc. from which all
        cars were assembled... It stands to reason that they would be painted
        black so it didn't matter what car the individual part got put on...
        I could just see it... "`old up there Charlie, green prop rod's
        off... I'll joost nip off to paint booth and run one up. You hold up
        line. `won't be but an hour or two!"

> If it strikes you that the questions border on the trivial, you're right.
>But
> these are the things that separate the boys from the men in this era of $20K+
> (US) restorations.

        OR does "anal compulsive" have a hyphen?

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois