Miatas

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Miatas
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:43:01 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, I admit it I own a Miata.....actually it is driven by my ex (divorce
settlement) she got the Miata and I got the Triumph! It's an automatic so it
wasn't much of a loss. I spent plenty of time flinging it about before the
divorce. It was a nice little car but the hardtop made it pretty
claustrophobic in the winter. It oversteers like crazy because the steering
is so sensitive. I agree that someday it will be the Triumph and MGB for my
daughter's generation. I also agree that working on it is no picnic! Just
changing the oil filter requires a balancing act and a long skinny eyeball.
By the time you're done the oil is all over the chassis and drips for weeks.
I'll take sitting on the tire and working on the Triumph anyday.

I also think that animosity towards Japanese sports cars is misplaced. If you
read the history of the Miata it was conceieved in the US and patterned on
the Lotus Elan Triumph Spitfire and others in that vein. Mazda reinvented a
car that embodied everything we hold "sacred". For a huge automotive
corporation that is quite a feat. And judging from their sales they hit the
market right on the head. I think they deserve our thanks not derision.

Greg Wolf
1970 Triumph GT6+