Re: Miatas

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Miatas
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:51:02 -0400
Tom Gentry wrote:
> While you're right about most, my TR-6 has been known to beat 5.0 pony
> cars at stoplight drags and it's really the only Triumph that matters to
> me.  =:-D

  I've heard some big claims like this, but I really think
you should explain this one further.

  0-60 times from tests of the NA-spec TR6 are like 10 seconds, I
suspect
       the times for the PI TR6s are somewhat better.
  0-60 times from 5.0L mustangs are like 5-6ish seconds.

  ...care to elaborate? Did the mustang know that you were
racing him?

  I am fairly indifferent to muscle cars and stoplight racing
in general, but I can only hear so many stories of LBCs "blowing
away car xxxx" before I have to ask how this feat was accomplished
when it should be no contest.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada