Re: TRF Summer "Specials"

To: WINDOWSEET@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF Summer "Specials"
From: DuperSude@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:56:14 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-17 04:06:32 EDT, WINDOWSEET@aol.com writes:

<< This isn't exactly a "cheap" hobby we've all selected! If we were looking
 have fun on the cheap we'd be into carts. >>
Hello again,
    Hearing this I just had to put in my two cents.  Karts can be much more
expensive than this hobby. I am speaking from experience. I raced this carts
for a year and then opted to quit and take up these cars.  One set of kart
tires mounted on rims can cost well over $375. A set of 50,000 mile radials
for our GT6+ was a little over $80. You do the math there.  I am not even
getting into kart motors which range from $400 clear up to$3000 to $4000.  A
brand new cart chassis alone costs $1500. Again this is just my two cents,
                                     John & Danny Burket
79 TR7
76 TR6
71 TR6