Re: transmission noises

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: transmission noises
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:04:37 -0400
A recent comment:
"One simply needs to practice the fine art of double-clutching and
"matching revs"!"

I have had the privilege of co-driving several times for a fellow that is a
master at this. I noticed that his gearchange technique was very fluid and
deliberate, but slow. He didn't bang between gears, as I have seen others
do. It was only after watching for several stages that I noticed that he
rarely used the clutch for any changes, up or down. His left foot was
always poised on the brake. If any of you are familiar with  special-stage
rallying, you will appreciate this ability. He has driven Minis for many
years (obligatory LBC content).

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)