Re: ammeter/voltmeter swap.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ammeter/voltmeter swap.
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 13:39:47 -0700
Gregory P writes:
> Do I hook it up the same      way the ammeter is hooked up? Or do I need to
do some "creative wiring" If so, how do I do it?
No,  it will need to be wired differently.  Your ammeter measures current
in series with the line(s) the voltmeter measures voltage 'across' the
lines.  Your voltmeter needs to be wired ,basically, across the battery
terminals, while your ammeter is usually wired in line or in series with
the main voltage supply (not including the starter circuit of course or
your ammeter would have to be capable of several hundred amps!).  I would
wire it at a convienent 'switched' terminal as close to the battery (length
wise) as possible.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)