Re: TR6 Rear suspension

To: flywi@ns1.northnet.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear suspension
From: emanteno@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 10:38:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
flywi@ns1.northnet.net wrote:

> My question? Have any other TR6 owner's noticed that one rear wheel/tire
> seems to protrude out the side of the car more than the other? Am I just
> paranoid? Is this just a charactersitic of a "handbuilt", seperate
> chassis car? I would have probably never even noticed this condition if
> I hadn't thrown that ramp and concerned myself about frame damage.

Kerry,

It is not uncommon to have more sag and/or negative camber on the
driver's side of a TR6. That is because the cars are driven so often
with a driver only, with no load on the passenger side. The cheapest way
to level out the sag is to swap your 2 rear springs. Assuming your
passenger side spring isn't in bad shape, this will give you temporary
relief.

Another factor affecting rear camber on a TR6 is the condition of your
trailing arm bushings. Replacing my old bushings with stiffer
TriumphTune trailing arm bushings had a dramatic affect on my rear
camber and rear end sag. Hope this helps.

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, Il