TR6 Rear suspension

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Rear suspension
From: flywi@ns1.northnet.net
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 09:35:21 -0500
Hi All,
I had the rear wheels om my TR6 up on ramps and all was fine until I
began to drive down. The ramp on the driver's side of the car shot
straight out the side of the car and I was left sitting there with the
rear passenger side wheel fully on the ramp and the rear driver's side
on the ground.

I inspected the car and all looks fine but the driver's side seems to
sit higher than the passenger's side, though I can't positively confirm
this visual appearance with consitant measurements. I've also noticed
that the driver's side tire seems to stick out of the wheel well more
than the passenger's side does. The car still handles fine and I've been
assured by a good body shop that my little incident was not enough to
tweek the frame.

My question? Have any other TR6 owner's noticed that one rear wheel/tire
seems to protrude out the side of the car more than the other? Am I just
paranoid? Is this just a charactersitic of a "handbuilt", seperate
chassis car? I would have probably never even noticed this condition if
I hadn't thrown that ramp and concerned myself about frame damage.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this "condition" on their TR6?

Kerry
tr66pack@aol.com