RE: Re[2]: Lesser of two evils

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Lesser of two evils
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 11:17:28 -0400
> The only thing I've never quite understood is why a backfire would
> blow flame out of the carbs, too.  I would think that the explosion
> would go out the tailpipe if the exhaust valve is open and not back
> through the intake manifold.  Anyone care to take a stab at this one?

Sparks going down 2 wires at once? Cracked distributor cap can do this.
So can an overly generous rotor. Or bad HT wires.

Though I understand Nology is working on computerized ignition wires
that will end this plague once and for all ;-).

Bill Kelly
'62 Herald Convertible GA41328LCV, in restoration
I want my car back!