Re: TR6 and Overdrive

To: tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: TR6 and Overdrive
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 23:00:21 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>saw a 76 TR6 the other day that appeared not to have it. Do any of the
>post
>73 owners have a comment?
>
>Thanks.

It's my understanding that the overdrive was in fact made standard on
home market cars only. There are MANY U.S. spec,  post 1973 cars that
were non-O/D. Just another example of the inaccuracies in Piggott's book.
In fact the people on this list probably know a LOT more about TR6s than
Piggott!  Maybe we should write our own book of TR6 "facts"???

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald