TR6 and overdrive

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 and overdrive
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 97 20:57:01 EDT
Doug Mathews wrote:
>"Piggott's book...1973 overdrive...standard..."
  While it's possible (though not probable) that all of the 'home market' TR6s
after 1973 had overdrive, the myth that this is true for US cars should be put
to rest once and for all. I would venture a guess that less than 50% of the US
cars from 1974 through 1976 had overdrive (and the rest of us wish we did...).
                                                              Dennis
                                                        '76 TR6 - NO O/D :-(