Re: Finding Triumphs ?General Answer

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Finding Triumphs ?General Answer
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 10:29:23 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-17 16:58:42 EDT, JoeSimcoe@AOL.com writes:

<<
 Does anyone have any ideas on how to obtain a listing of every Triumph, by
 model registered in a State (or subdivision thereof)

 Our DMV is not willing to help me with this - but there ought to be some
 company out there that can access DMV records and assimilate this type of
 information.

 FWIW - my purpose is to find a specific car, last seen about five years ago.

 JoeSimcoe

Joe;
About a year ago I saw an ad in Hemmings from a company who offered a count,
not a list, of the number of cars registered in any state by marque, not by
model. The cost was aroun $25 as I recall.  I phoned them up to ask if they
could give me a list by model. I got a very rude, unhelpful  person and did
nothing with them. So I guess the info is out there.

I just checked Hemmings, May 97 and on page 3482 there is a company
advertising a similar service. Ad says factory/state records, vehicle
locating, etc..  Could be the same I phoned before, do not remember the name.
 Gary Ashbaugh services at 541-758-8142.  I do not know this company and have
no interest etc.

I am very interested in developing an estimate of how many TR 2,3,3A,3B,s
 are still around today.  The number registered would be one  helpful piece
of information. If, in your search, you come across a way to get this number
please keep me in mind. If anyone on the list has any information on this I
would be interested in corresponding about it.  Thanks.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM