Re: Trunions Don't Fit

To: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Trunions Don't Fit
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:15:39 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Brian N. wrote:

  Problem: they
> plastic pieces do not fit in the hub hole.  They can be forced, but then
> the sleeve does not fit in the plastic without force.  It is supposed to
> easily rotate in the hole.

Brian,
        This part is not strictly true - The sleeve is supposed to remain
stationary in the plastic, with the Trunnion Bolt turning inside the
sleeve, if the sleeve was a loose fit, the plastic parts would wear,
which is not the idea of the design.
        But I take your point, I have experienced this problem with my Heralds
(same parts), destroying the plastic when trying to fit the sleeve. I
simply tried a second kit (identical, same supplier!), used plenty of
coopper grease, and lined it all up in the vice, fitting all 3 parts at
the same time - no problem at all. I have no fix, other than gently
opening up the plastic with a round file - QH are the only supplier I
know of!

        Bill Davies, UK
--
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd