TR-4 Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 Questions
From: token1@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:10:14 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:04:35 -0700 (PDT)
  The list had a bunch of good answers to my Spit questions, and I thank all
who responded.  Now for the next batch of queries.

  One of my '62 TR-4s will be going down for a frame-off restoration shortly,
and I have a couple of questions on originality.  The goal for this one is a
100 point car, the other TR-4 (later number) will be the every day driver.

1.  Should the metal dashboard be body color or white (I have one of each
currently).

2.  Frame color (again), is the frame supposed to be black, or body color,
or (like the Spit) body color over black?

3.  Is it true that the very early 1962 TR-4s used chrome over brass trim at
the top of the windscreen frame and around the cockpit?  If this is true, is
there a source for these pieces of trim?  Both of my '62s have aluminum on
the top of the windscreen and one is a Surrey Top, but the other also has
aluminum around the back of the cockpit.

4.  Is there a good source of reference for this type of information?  If
there is I would certainly like to add it to my stack.

  Well, thats all the questions for now, but I am sure there will be many
others in the future, at least if my current limited knowledge is a benchmark.

  Thanks to all.

  Later,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
email: token@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us
   or: darrell_leach-mti@echo.chinalake.navy.mil
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)   Every Day
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk.II
1967 Spitfire Mk.III  (In work, lots of 1500 stuff)
1984 GL1200A GoldWing  (The other everyday transportation)