Re: TR-4 Questions

To: Darrell <token1@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: Re: TR-4 Questions
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:31:45 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 16 May 1997, Darrell wrote:

> 1.  Should the metal dashboard be body color or white (I have one of each
> currently).

        It should be white all first year cars were. Wood dashes were
        after maket items.

> 2.  Frame color (again), is the frame supposed to be black, or body color,
> or (like the Spit) body color over black?

        Generally they were black, though I'v heard some were "whatever
        was in the gun" color.

> 3.  Is it true that the very early 1962 TR-4s used chrome over brass trim at
> the top of the windscreen frame and around the cockpit?  If this is true, is
> there a source for these pieces of trim?  Both of my '62s have aluminum on
> the top of the windscreen and one is a Surrey Top, but the other also has
> aluminum around the back of the cockpit.

        I don't think so... I have a friend who has CT415L his looks pretty
        much like mine.

> 4.  Is there a good source of reference for this type of information?  If
> there is I would certainly like to add it to my stack.

        The shop manual would be the best place to start... BTW, are your
        gauges glazed with convex glass?

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois