RE: Starting an engine on Jackstands

To: brooks@belcotech.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Starting an engine on Jackstands
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:04:24 -0500
Jack,
    For what it's worth I have run my car when up on stands. I have even put
it in gear after changing out a transmission to make sure all was working
well. As long as it is sitting soundly (like you described) I personally
don't have any reservations of cranking it up.  You will probably even get
brave after a while and stick your head under it. Just don't let you mother
find out!
      And for the legal guys on the list do this at your own risk blah blah
blah....
Have fun,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L (looking good for Cowtown)
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L (Might be wearing primer today)
Austin, Tx
www.exact.com/~gt6mk3