Front Wheel Bearings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front Wheel Bearings
From: Mark Townsend <markt@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 18:58:54 -0400
Anyone heard of wheel bearings getting "flat" spots?

The 76 spit i picked up after the 13 year storage has developed a noisy
front end (i'm not complaining).

I think the wheel bearings in front liked their "resting" spot. Since the
brake pads had left their mark on the rotors (haven't turned them yet), I
have been able to duplicate the "knocking" noise coming as I spin the wheel
with the car in the air (alright the tire in the air - i don't have a lift).

Has anyone heard of this before?

I plan on ordering a complete set of wheel bearings for the front. I
haven't heard it from the rear yet fortunately ( i remember installing
those b*****ds in my 77).

Just figured I would pass it on. Comments always welcome...

Thanks to everyone who responded to me on the oil pressure gauge. I am
going to look around for the dual gauge from the other LBC (thanks doug
mitchell!) Concensus was to put the "T" fitting in where the oil sender is
now. I am starting to collect stuff to make it happen now.

Mark Townsend
76 Spitfire
87 Turbo Quattro
* Mark Townsend  *