Plea for mercy

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Plea for mercy
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 8 May 97 15:15:01 PDT
All,
        Having been chastised (rightly so) for my poor reading on
smoke signals from an engine, I throw myself at the feet of Lord Lucas
and beg for mercy.  Where was my brain this morning?

        Seriously, my post of the 25K mile Spitfire arose not because
of the smoke signals, after all, a Spit motor is cheap and easy to
rebuild, but more the attitude of the seller ("you don't want a smooth
idle").  Thats an immediate red flag in my book.  I wonder what else
we dont want in the car?  Maybe brakes? they only slow you down.

        The other red flag was the worn hood buffers.  This is akin
to other "low milage" cars I've seen with thoroughly worn pedal
rubbers and heavily worn seats.

        Caveat emptor.

        Shane Ingate, color blind in San Diego