Re: tri-SU's on a TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tri-SU's on a TR6
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 7 May 97 16:14:41
RANDELL JESSUP wrote:

>>Note that our lumps don't turn as many RPM as the B's, though the
overall max airflow willbe a little higher on the '6 if the engines are in
similar levels of tune.  1.75" SU's are probably fine for a fairly stock or
mildly modified TR6, though they may start gasping above 4500-5000 RPM (like

the Zenith's).  2" SU's should be good enough even for fairly extreme levels
of tuning on a '6, though they'll give up a little to a sidedraft Weber at
the top end of a modified engine.<<

Which brings up another question.  I have been wanting to upgrade the single Z-S
on my Spit 1500 for some time ... and I would prefer to pick up some used twin
SUšs for this.  They seem to be more readily available, easier to rebuild, and
cheaper to boot.  I cannot say this is necessarily true for the HS8Šs, but what
do the 2Š SUs usually cost, and can THEY be converted to the 1500?  Or am I
limited to the 1.75Š SU?  As for the intake manifold, does every SU fit on the
same twin manifold for the 1500?

Or should I just bite the bullet on a single Weber downdraft conversion and
call it a day?

Boy, you sure do ask alotta stupid questions, Mr. Feder.  Whew.

--
Martin Secrest