FW: TR250 Chrome Trim Installation

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR250 Chrome Trim Installation
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:19:42 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Mark Walker
<MDWalker@compuserve.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:08:13 -0400
     From: Mark Walker <MDWalker@compuserve.com>
     Subject: TR250  Chrome Trim Installation

Help!

I bought new chrome trim strips that go along the top of the front fenders
on the TR250.  I thought they bolted on or something (or I didn't think at
all) and when they got here I found that they have tabs hanging down that
fit (?) between the fender and the inner fender.   I looked at my manual
for instructions on installation and got the sometimes familar 1. take the
olds one off 2. put the new ones on - oversimplification.

My questions:

Do I have to completely unbolt the fender and inner fender to remove the
old strip and install the new strip?
Is there an easier (or actually correct way) to accomplish this
installation?
Anybody got any hints on how to do this installation?

Thanks in advance.

Mark