Re: TR6 trouble

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 trouble
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 10:10:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-04, Marty Romagni wrote:

<< I have a 1974 TR6 which has severe misfiring, hesitation, popping etc.
It seems that the warmer the car gets, the worse it runs.
<snip>
 In my quest to make improvements (some job huh!) I’ve done the
 following:

 added electronic ignition (Pertronix Ignitor) >>

Marty:

This weekend, a fellow showed at the Townsend Car Show up with his TR6 on the
back of a flat bed. It had died completely on him. We replaced his new
Pertronix Ignitor with a set of points, and it fired right up and ran fine
the rest of the weekend.

Since that is such a simple thing to do, you might give it a try before
getting into anything complicated.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN