TR6 trouble

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 trouble
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 09:16:21 -0400
I’m stumped and need the wisdom of the list:

I have a 1974 TR6 which has severe misfiring, hesitation, popping etc.
It seems that the warmer the car gets, the worse it runs. After about 6
miles the car won’t idle, the misfiring is throughout the range and both
at idle and under load:

When I got the car out of winter storage I replaced the fuel filter and
air filters (K&N) and drove it about 30 miles home and it ran fine.

In my quest to make improvements (some job huh!) I’ve done the
following:

added electronic ignition (Pertronix Ignitor)
replaced the spark plugs (Bosch Platinum - WR8DP) gapped to .035
changed the dynamic timing to 12BTDC
replace the rotor and cap
upgraded the coil to Lucas Sport
replaced the spark plug wires

The oil in the dashpots is fine, I filled them with the oil from Moss.
When I first start the car cold, it idles fairly well. Its downhill
after that.

A couple of notes that may help. All of the antipollution equipment has
been removed, EGR, fuel canisters, etc. All vacuum lines are plugged.

All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Marty Romagni
74 TR6