Re: TR6 oil change access

To: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.), mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: TR6 oil change access
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 22:25:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Conversation-id: <19970502.215438.4422.1.jhdavis6@juno.com>
Posted-date: Fri, 2 May 1997 22:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
I just recently installed a spin-on filter conversion on my '74 TR-6.  I am
using a AC PF-56 filter (it's for a Ford Taurus V6 I believe).  It has the
vavle in the filter.  I noticed that most others do not (Fram PH3600's -- some
do, some don't!!).

While taking about these filters.  Does anyone know exactly what the vavle in
the filter is?  I believe it is not a 'bypass' valve, but actually a
anti-drainback vavle.  I say this because the vavle is in the 'output' of the
filter (dirty oil flows from the outside of the filter, thru the filter element
and the clean oil flows out the center opening in the oil filter) and only
opens towards the top of the filter.  This would prevent oil draining back to
the sump from the oil galley via the filter.  Id this correct?

Thanks.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us