TR6 oil change access

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 oil change access
From: SBoz39@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:02:12 -0400 (EDT)
       My TR6 mechanic/restorer says he won't change the oil again unless we
put an access hole in the inner fender to get to the bolt and filter.  He
says some of the later TR6's had access holes from the factory, or maybe
dealer.  I know that I've only bothered to change the oil in it once myself
for the very same reason, (I have had other shops do it when needed).
       I've only owned two TR6's, both 74's, an early and a late model, but
neither had access holes.  Can anyone confirm holes as original?, or comment
on them as commonplace 'improvements' to the breed?  I'd like not to do
something to detract from the car as it is now near fully restored, but then
I've never noticed, or looked for holes cut for filter access on other 6's.
 (You are never, ever completely done with a TR6 restoration, are you.?!) :)

      CF28955U original owner, but sold for a necessary third seat, where are
you?
      CF22628U wife's fun car, now nearly restored.