Re: TR6 oil change access

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 oil change access
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 11:11:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

>        "My TR6 mechanic/restorer says he won't change the oil again unless we
> put an access hole in the inner fender to get to the bolt and filter."
>
> Tell your mechanic to get over it, they're all like that. And if he insists
> on cutting a hole, find another mechanic. The best solution is the spin-on
> filter conversion. This enables one to change the filter easily and uses
> readily available fiters.
>
> Phil Barnes
> Cortland, NY (nowhere near New York City)
> peb3@cornell.edu
> '71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

While we're on the oil filter subject, what is everyone using as a
spin-on filter.  I know MOSS emphasizes that you use a filter that has
a bypass valve.  Any info on FRAM, WIX, PUROLATOR, etc. equivalents to
the filter that MOSS sells???

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)