Re: Problems bleeding Spitfire brakes

To: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: Problems bleeding Spitfire brakes
From: David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:45:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Eric:

Sounds like you might have the seal in the master cylinder in backwards.

Are you quite sure that all other nipples are sealed tight?  You could be
sucking in some air from a badly sealed or crossthreaded nipple on another
of the wheels.

The other thing might be that you have one of those reservoirs (like mine)
that has a very small opening to the rear system (dual system) and you're
not actually filling the right one up?  Don't scoff at me- I made this
error, and couldn't understand where the air was coming from.

Congrats on your wedding, and good luck with the brakes!

--
David Brock                       dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca