RE: New Idea (?) for Topping up the Diff & Gearbox

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: New Idea (?) for Topping up the Diff & Gearbox
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:40:01 -0600

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Justin Wagner [SMTP:jmwagner@greenheart.com]
        Sent:   Thursday, May 01, 1997 4:27 PM
        To:     Steve Benelisha
        Cc:     dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca; Triumph List
        Subject:        Re: New Idea (?) for Topping up the Diff &
Gearbox

        Am I missing something here... um... I just buy the gear oil
that comes
        with a little (plastic, cheap, but reuseable) pump...  Works
great...
        You guys just miss that at the auto-parts store?

My thoughts exactly. Failing the pump, how about a piece of plastic
tubing (can't remember which size works) whish is:

a) long enough to reach from the appropriate hole to a point beyond the
perimeter of the car so that you can elevate it above the hole and,
b) large enough to provide a tight fit inside the hole.

Then insert a funnel into the high end and pour your fluid. Then when
the fluid spills out the hole (ie. the diff/gearbox is full) just lower
the high end and pull out the tubing and spillage should be none if you
are careful.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada