New Idea (?) for Topping up the Diff & Gearbox

To: dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca
Subject: New Idea (?) for Topping up the Diff & Gearbox
From: Mark Iansiti <MTI1971@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 00:21:59 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Brock said:

>I poke a pinhole in the gearoil bottle at the top (above the level of the
>fluid) and push in a sports attachment for my tire pump (the little pin to
>fill a football, etc).  I place the tube in the diff filler hole, and give
>the pump a few small squeezes, until I see the oil moving up the tube...

David! I like it!!!  Does this REALLY work or are you just trying to get a
bunch of people under their cars with gear lube running up (down?) their
arms?  It seems like the air pressure would leak back out past the air
filler needle.
Anyway, I'm game to try it.  Thanks for the tip - I think.

Mark
74 Spit
70 Midget
60 Bugeye