Re: All TR's panel lights

To: dterrick@pangea.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: All TR's panel lights
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 20:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-01, Dave Terrick wrote:

<< Having experienced

 1.  a dash fire during a Solo 2 event driving my TR4A
 2.  near brushes with AAA due to an empty fuel tank because the lights were
 too dim

 I short circuted the !@$@#% dimmer.

FWIW, ater looking long and hard for a "brighter" to replace the dimmer in my
TR6, I gave up and replaced it with a clock. I used two hole saws and a drill
press to enlarge the dimmer hole to match the VDO clock I used. When I did
the swap, Lucas clocks were not available, but I believe they are now.

The VDO is not a bad match by day, but it stands out like a sore thumb at
night. It is the only instrument I can read without a flashlight! In the 5
years that I've had it installed, no one has noticed it unless I pointed it
out to them.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN