Re: TR6 electronic ignition alternatives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 electronic ignition alternatives
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 1 May 97 09:40:05 PDT
Thanks to all who have responded, my education continues....

There appears to be 3 popular systems, the Pertronix which
fits under the distributor cap, and the Crane and MSD systems
which have an "extra" box to mount to, say, the firewall.
Is this box the amplifier?  Does the Pertronix have an amplifier,
and if not, why have an amplifier in the first place?

Finally, if I install one of these systems, will I benefit further by
changing the coil to say a Lucas Sport, or ProMaster, or Mallory, etc?

        Shane Ingate in San Diego