Re: TR6 Frame

To: Robert Sanson <rsanson@whiteface.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Frame
From: Geoffrey Wiggins <wiggins.26@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:48:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

    I was in the same position as you just a year ago.  I was in search
of a fgrame for my '69 TR6.  Believe it or not, they are out there. I
searched around all the brit car shops and recyclers, and all I could
find were twisted hunks of iron that somewhat resembled what was already
under my car.  I found one frame at Team Triumph (anyone have the
number??) that needed some work, but was very solid in all the right
places.  After a years search, I posted a plea for a frame to the list,
and I got an overwhelming response. Prices ranged anywhere from $500 to
$1000 and conditions from "wrecked in front" to "blasted, dipped,
primed, and painted." I got my frame from a regular  on the list, Mr.
Tom Tweed, and thanks to him my daily driver will be back on the road in
a month or two.  I'm not sure what the shipping weight would be, as I
was fortunate: Tom and I both live in Ohio.   I know that when I was on
the highway with that thing in the back of my 1/2 ton pickup, I could
feel it back there... Anyway.. Good luck with your search. I know what
it is like. :-)

Geoff Wiggins
'69 Triumph TR6
--CC25099L--