Re: It doesn't seem to fit!

To: WFDAEHLE@mail.delcoelect.com
Subject: Re: It doesn't seem to fit!
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:15:17 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I have not tried to swap a TR6 engine into a TR4, but I'll offer the
following anyway.

Early TR6's (and TR250's I think) have a "notch" cut in the inner fender
to give adequate clearance for the carbs. Later TR6's have the "notch"
run the entire length of the inner fender. The purpose of the notch is to
allow the carbs to fit.

I might suggest that you take some measurements and compare them to a TR6.

I suspect either way, your going to have to hack the inner fender
somehow, and from your description it sounds like the passenger footwell
might need to be hacked too.

Opinion: It would seem to me that there are TR4 engines out there that
would be easier to install. Have you tried buying one?

Good luck either way.
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? A few. Mostly TR6's.