Dash repair kits

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dash repair kits
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:13:14 -0400 (EDT)
Does anyone have any experience with vinyl repair kits similar to the ones
which Eastwood and other companies sell.  The vinyl covered handle under the
glove box door on my TR4 has a hairline split.  The new replacement handles
which I have seen  do not match as far as grain and texture go.  The last
time this happened was in '68.  My wife was complaining about snagging her
nylons so I finally went to a junk yard where a 2 or 3 year old wrecked TR
was sitting and took the handle off - it matched perfectly, and cost me $7.50
- but that is no longer an option. :-)

Anyway, the kits that I have seen recently use a vinyl patch, heat and then a
color and graining process.  Are they it worth it as far as quality and
looks?   TIA

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)